Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In which I learn how to fly





I'm a man of habit. Or should I say habits? Either way, there tend to be plenty of rituals that I go through in order to feel like myself. Whether it's completely redundant things such as waking up on the same side of the bed every morning or something more eccentric, (read: raiding with a hand made crushed velvet magical druid cloak "of moon ray bombardment") it all adds up in the end.

One such habit I've gotten myself into as of late includes queing up a 60 minutes podcast before my head hits the pillow. While my eyes grow heavy and bones sink into the mattress I prefer to be whispered the world's well known secrets. A shred of me believes that given the hypnotic drone of the podcast and my sleepily seduced state I have a chance to become some sort of super intelligent/informed spy.




+


Figure this: I'm facing off (in a crushed velvet green druid tux) against my nemesis (a Nazi extremist lunch lady of course) when all of a sudden the laser I'm struggling to disarm is coded with a password question steeped in the trivia surrounding 60 minutes and their most recent topics. I punch in the obscure answer and within moments the world, no, galaxy is saved! Thanks habitual podcast use!
Well, maybe it's not quite that important, but I do hear about a few interesting albeit irrelevant tidbits here and there. (You know, the kind friends nod their head in agreement to while slacking their jaw and drooling in a trance from sheer boredom while conversing about it) Enter the birdmen.


No, not:
or

These guys are extreme hikers, skydivers, and by definition: idiots. Grabbing their parachute, a fancy helmet camera, and what looks to be a jerry-rigged inflatable water raft from Rite-Aid, these risk takers throw themselves off cliffs in Norway. Reaching speeds of 140+ MPH and skimming along the cliff's jagged ribs, they open their flaps and soar over the sprawling valley beneath them like...well..birds. (Big, neon, screaming birds.) Rad, huh? Going back to my previous point about subconsciously learned ninja spy skills: it makes complete sense now! Given my well endowed, sleep induced skill set: I'm on my way.

1 comment:

  1. Perspective is the foundation of all judgment. Your perspective leads you to believe the Bird Men are crazed idiots because they enjoy something you yourself would never consider. One should not judge the whole being over a single act. My perspective of you (in seeing you through your random thoughts alone) is similar to your perspective of them. If I were to judge you by your sole act of your contribution to your blog, I might see you as a thin contemporary of high intellect possessing sleeve tattoos, who listens to obscure music, and has a life long dream of being a rock-n-roll star and a super hero. But no…I will not make that judgment; because I’m sure it’s nowhere close to the real you. I'm sure you are much more complex. By the way, I hear you have a lisp now, perhaps you should avoid Richard Simmons pod casts...I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete