Saturday, January 23, 2010

In which Conando rides into the sunset



It's been a while, but despite my best efforts to ignore Internet based self actualization: I'm back (said with a slightly Arnoldian drag). As any budding blogger would bequest, I'm bounding back into broadband bragging to belt out a bloated brick of belligerent brain brew. So here's a list of current events in relation to all things related M (moonkin too).

1) I just found out my main squeeze is part mermaid. With a few casual trips to the aquatic center under our belt, it's plain to see that M. and I have not only found a new way to blow off steam.

2) I prefer to keep my head under the water and watch slightly distorted torsos move in slow motion beneath the waves rather than practice swimming away from sharks. (Isn't that why the others perpetually traverse the lanes?)

3) In a little less than two weeks my night shift position will be no more. Tip toeing out from the comfortable shadow of nocturnal nursing seems like a more than promising endeavor, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a small bit of anxiety involved in the switch.

4) I saw the movie Avatar. This cinematic experience reinvigorated my interest in the film making process. Thinking about the sheere amount of work involved in the making of such a piece of work makes my head spin. From top to bottom, inside and out, that flick proved its worth again and again. However, considering my age I wonder how I would have reacted to this movie if 15 years were subtracted (or added). Consider how people were affected by Star Wars when it originally hit the big screen in the late seventies. Depending on how impressionable the viewer is, media such as this can end up shaping the way he/she looks at subsequent films and modern day mythology indefinitely. Was Avatar that good? I can't wait to see! (in 20 years?)

5) Conan (A.K.A. Co co, Conando, Conzies) gave a heart wrenching farewell to NBC and the famed Tonight Show last night. As much as I wanted to pound my fist on the table at the miss doings of fat-cat NBC execs for this decision to boot my long time late night hero, Conan was sure to waylay my ill emotions with a truly heartfelt good bye speech. Either Conan is 6'4" of integrity or his salute was monetarily fueled. Who else could see cut through the "victim" cloud as cleanly as he did in order to uncover the grateful truth? I'll miss his shenanigans, and I feel jilted by this abrupt change, but it may just be for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment